1.Build a Crowdfunding Campaign Team
- Don’t go it alone. Build a team of very committed people.
- PandoLabs can help you find that team in Utah if you need connections.
Test, Test, Test
- Make sure the messaging is right, refine. Get feedback from your team, your potential customers, your social media friends before launching. The aim here is to create early excitement and appear credible so your backers truly believe you can accomplish your goal.
- Know what you are up against and make sure you’re up for the challenge. Explore successful and unsuccessful campaigns in your industry.
- Generally projects take twice as long as we calculate. Leave room for miscalculations.
- How to tell a meaningful story:
- Make it cohesive: Think, famous tales with a start, climax, end to story. But make it simple, not too many characters.
- Fill a need or desire: Think Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. People want to be associated with cool stuff, significant events, inspirational people.
- Focus on the why not the what: Don’t worry as much explaining how it works, but why will it improve lives?
- Connect with your audience: Use language that best resonates with your audience.
- Build social capital ahead of time. Early on, build professional looking social profiles. Create a “coming soon” page online to capture opt-in emails and give them first mover advantages.
- Preparation Time Calculator:
- Baseline……………………………………………. +30 days
- Do you have a team: No?……………………………… +30 days
- Is your goal less than $50,000? Yes?……………… +30 days
- Is your goal more than $250,000? Yes? ……….. +30 days
- Is your goal more than $1 Million? Yes? ……….. +30 days
- Campaign manager should have a master calendar of all meetings, hangouts, events, check-ins, and calls. Team members access to such calendar.
- Prepare promotional materials: 1 pagers, stickers, etc.
Perfect your crowdfunding campaign messaging
- Make sure your team can explain your specific project, business plan, ability to scale to anyone in the room flawlessly and with enough passion to inspire.
- Have pre-scripted text ready :In all forms for various platforms.
- Make your rewards so valuable, you are doing your funders a favor.
- Know what you will say to potential backers: For every possible situation- when money is rolling in to keep momentum up and also if you hit a lull.
- Tie the launch to a major announcement or anniversary that turns your campaign into a news story.
Launch and establish early credibility
- Website endorsements, quality of video, person in video, press conference.
- Critical channels: Social media, direct outreach via email, affiliates, advocates, online articles, blogs, news… that link to your campaign.
- It’s important to reach out to connections that can pledge large quantities at the very beginning of the campaign ($5K-$10k). Raising $100,000 in 3 hours from launching is not the same as raising the last $100,000 in the last 3 hours.
If you are interested in getting a detailed guide including the roles and responsibilities of a crowdfunding team, top crowdfunding contacts in Utah and more, email us at email@example.com.
This document is based on contents from the book “Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World” by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler.